How To Make Italian Sugo Recipe
Italian Sugo Recipe
Italian Sugo Recipe: Sugo means ‘sauce’ in Italian. Sugo is a traditional tomato sauce made from ripe tomatoes.
Keywords: Italian Sugo Recipe, Italian Tomato Sauce
Recipe Yield: 10
Preparation Time: PT10M
Cooking Time: PT1H30M
Total Time: PT1H40M
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Small onion (minced)
- 4 Cloves garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- Red pepper flakes
- ½ cup red wine(optional)
- ½ cup Fresh basil leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Can crushed San Marzano / Pasatta tomatoes
Italian Sugo Recipe Steps:
- To make Italian Sugo, first you have to take a saucepan or large pot and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Then Add the onion, cook until onions turn translucent and soft. Then Smash the garlic cloves add to the saucepan, cook until they are light brown in color and fragrant for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the above mixture. Add salt, red pepper flakes, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf and wine (if using). Cover the sauce and bring it to a simmer. Simmer for an hour. Sthit occasionally.
- After 1 hour, uncover the pan and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes again until the sauce thickens. Add basil and stir well. Remove bay leaf. Then Adjust the taste; Add seasoning and salt if required. The sauce is now ready to use.
Italian Sugo Recipe: Sugo means ‘sauce’ in Italian. Sugo is a traditional tomato sauce made from ripe tomatoes cooked with olive oil, onions, pepper flakes, and garlic, and seasoned with spices and herbs and is base to many classic Italian dishes, like all’amatriciana, penne arrabiata and many more. Most Italians use this recipe to make their sauce as it can be prepared with less ingredients to get a rich Italian flavorful taste.
Benefits of Italian Sugo Recipe
- Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamins A, C and K.
- With additional herbs, this is good for heart.
- Tomatoes contain lot of water, which helps in digestion.
- It has a good number of calories.
- Italian Sugo is good for Digestive Health as it contains a lot of water, fiber, as much as 1.5 grams. It also has a good amount of carbohydrate.
- Italian Sugo is good for skins, it improves immunity level.
- Italian Sugo prevents blood clotting and bone metabolism.
- Italian Sugo is also good for your intestine health.
How to Make Italian Sugo Recipe
|2tbsp Olive oil|
|1 Small onion (minced)|
|4 Cloves garlic|
|Red pepper flakes|
|½ cup red wine(optional)|
|½ cup Fresh basil leaves|
|1 Bay leaf|
|2 Can crushed San Marzano / Pasatta tomatoes|