Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe Kerala Style 2022
Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe
Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe: Arabian Chicken Mandi is a popular Middle Eastern non-vegetarian dish with a combination of rice, chicken, and a lot of spices.
Type: Mixed Rice Dish
Keywords: Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe, Chicken Mandi, Chicken Mandi Recipe
Recipe Yield: 10
Preparation Time: PT1H
Cooking Time: PT30M
Total Time: PT2H
- 1250 grams Chicken
- 3 cup Basmati Rice or Sella Rice
- ¼ kg Onion , finely chopped
- ¼ kg Tomato
- 1 tablespoon Green Chillies
- 3 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 teaspoon Ghee
- 2 Black Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 15 Green Cardamom
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 spoon Coriander
- 4.1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 5 ½ glass Water
- Coriander Leaves
- 10-15 Almond
- 10-15 Cashew
- 10-15 Raisin
- 1 Lemon
Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe Steps:
- For making Kerala style Chicken Mandi dish first you have to make Mandi Masala. For that, you have to take the whole spices, namely Coriander seeds, Cinnamon Stick, Green, and Black Cardamom, Cloves, and Black peppercorns, and dry roast them in a pan on medium heat for 5-6 minutes. After that Let it cool for some time before grinding and then Blend it into a fine powder and transfer it to a bowl.
- After making Mandi Masala come to the Chicken part in this part first, you have to take a big saucepan or container, heat it at a medium flame, and then Add one cup of oil(approximately 125 g) then once the oil heats, add 1 green cardamom, 1 cinnamon stick, 2-3 peppercorn, 1 spoon fennel seeds and fry it. After that, add ¼ kg of Onion and fry it. Don't let it turn brown. Slit the chicken slightly so that the spice gets into it and cooks evenly, add it to the pan along with 3 spoons of ginger garlic paste. Then Add the masala along with 1 spoon of finely chopped chili, tomato (chopped or pureed), and coriander leaves. After that Add 2 tablespoons of salt and close the lid. Let it cook for 5 min and now add 5 ½ cups of water (adjust the water as per the requirement and rice used), along with full lemon (note that the seeds have to be removed before adding). The next step is to Let the chicken cook almost completely and now take it out from the container and keep it aside. Once this is done, add the rice to the mixture and adjust the salt as per required. Let the rice cook for almost 95%.
- Once you are done with the Mandi Masala and chicken part, the next part is to Heat a pan, and add ghee to it. Add raisins and fry it until it turns golden brown and then keep it aside. Then Fry Cashew nuts and almonds in the same ghee and keep it aside. After that, put the cooked chicken pieces into the pan and fry it a little more so that it gets more texture and color.
- Now it's the Dum process for that you need to add the fried chicken pieces into the container containing rice, and later Temper it with fried raisin, cashew nut, almond and later Heat a piece of Charcoal (Or Dalchini if charcoal is not available) on the direct flame until it is red hot and keep it in the container/saucepan inside a small bowl in the middle of the rice. Now take ghee, sprinkle it above the hot charcoal, and close the container with a lid. Let it settle for 10 min on a low flame for dum. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and the Mandi Chicken is ready to serve. Now For serving, you need to spread the rice into a large serving tray and keep the chicken pieces on top of it. Can be garnished with cut onions, lemon wedges, and coriander leaves.
Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe
Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe Kerala Style
Benefits Of Chicken Mandi
- Chicken Mandi has a lot of protein.
- Chicken Mandi Dish helps you to reduce Weight.
- Chicken Mandi food is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Chicken Mandi is Anticancer Properties. It mainly helps in fighting cancer in breast cancer cell lines (MCF-7) and human colon cancer cell lines (HCT116).
- Chicken Mandi helps in keeping your blood pressure level in control.
- Chicken Mandi stregnthens your bones.
Disadavtages Chicken Mandi
As I told you avoid chicken skin because nowadays people inject some liquid into the chicken to grow fast to sell quickly and that liquid is not good for human health. that liquid mainly stores in chicken skin and is mainly found in broiler chicken, so avoid chicken skin and try to consume chickens, which you raised at home. Eating broiler Chicken Mandi increases cholesterol, carcinogens, and contaminants in your body.
Eating broiler Chicken Mandi increases the chances of getting heart disease, breast and prostate cancers, urinary tract infections, and foodborne illnesses. Eating broiler Chicken Mandi food Causes Cancer.
|1250 grams Chicken|
|3 cup Basmati Rice or Sella Rice|
|¼ kg Onion , finely chopped|
|¼ kg Tomato|
|1 tablespoon Green Chillies|
|3 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste|
|3 teaspoon Ghee|
|2 Black Cardamom (Elaichi)|
|15 Green Cardamom|
|2 Cloves (Laung)|
|2 spoon Coriander|
|4.1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)|
|1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns|
|2 tablespoons Oil|
|2 cups Basmati rice|
|5 ½ glass Water|