Goan Nevri Recipe | Neureo Mangalore Style 2022
Goan Nevri Recipe
Goan Nevri Recipe: Nevri or Neureo is a popular Goan sweet dish prepared specially during festivals. Goan Nevri is an authentic sweet dumpling made from maida or flour, stuffed with jaggery, coconut, sugar, poppy seeds, cardamom, and almonds.
Keywords: Goan Nevri, Neureo Mangalore Style
Recipe Yield: 7
Preparation Time: PT30M
Cooking Time: PT10M
Total Time: PT40M
- 2 cups coconut grated
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 6 cardamom peeled and crushed
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- 2 cups Wheat flour or Maida
- water as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil/ghee
- 7-8 cashews, chopped finely
- 19-20 golden raisins
Goan Nevri Recipe Steps:
- To make dough First, you have to Mix flour, and salt in a mixing bowl later Heat 2 tablespoons of oil/ghee in a small pan and add it to the above flour, and salt mixture. Then allow the ghee to cool a bit, mix well with the flour and salt, add water, knead the dough, and add more water if required to get a smooth dough. The dough should not be too thick or too soft. Cover the dough with a muslin cloth and rest for 12-15 minutes.
- After making the dough now it is stuffing time for that you need a pan and in a pan, dry roast the grated coconut until it looks dry and the coconut aroma can be snicket. Then Let it cool down entirely once it is completely cooled down, adds jaggery, poppy seeds, seeds, sesame, crushed cardamom, and Finely chopped 7 to 8 cashews. After that, add 19 to 20 golden raisins.
- Once the filling or stuffing procedure is done, uncover the dough and knead it once again. Make small, smooth balls without any cracks from the dough then dust some flour over the ball and roll it in a round on a rolling surface to get a 4-5 inches circle (Make sure while making a circle, you could tear it. That's why you use a little bit more flour which helps you in smoothly rolling the circle). After that brush some water to the edges of the circle then Takes 1 tablespoon of the stuffing mixture and place it in the center of the circle, leaving the edges. Don't overstuff after that gently fold from one side in a semicircle, seal the edges. Then with the help of fingers, start pressing, pleating the edges, and keep on pleating till the end of the circlensure that the edges are sealed properly after that prepare the rest nevris in the similar way.
- Once you are done with all the navries in a Kadai/pan add 2 cups of oil then keep the gas on low flame, heat the oil now deep fry 2-3 Nevris depending on the pan size and when one side is crisp and golden brown, flip to the other side and fry it golden brown. Flip twice on both sides after frying, and keep the fried nevris on a tissue paper or kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil then they are at room temperature, after that store them in an airtight container or can be served warm or at room temperature.
What is Goan Nevri Recipe?
Benefits Of Goan Nevri Recipe
- Nevri has Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and also Calcium and Iron.
- It gives you good amount of calories.
- It provides you strength as it is a portion of sweet food.
- It makes you feel happy, if you are in depression it will help you out by giving a sweet feeling to your mind.
- Nevries gives carbohydrates to your body.
- Nevries gives protein to your body.
|2 cups coconut grated|
|1 cup grated jaggery|
|6 cardamom peeled and crushed|
|¼ cup poppy seeds|
|¼ cup sesame seeds|
|2 cups oil for deep frying|
|2 cups Wheat flour or Maida|
|water as needed|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|2 tablespoon oil/ghee|
|7-8 cashews, chopped finely|
|19-20 golden raisins|