Barrel Cactus Fruit Recipe and Nutrition
Barrel Cactus Fruit Recipe
Barrel Cactus Fruit Recipe: The barrel cactus is a fruit native to North and South America belonging to the Cactaceae family.
Keywords: Barrel Cactus Fruit Recipe
Recipe Yield: 1
Preparation Time: PT20M
Cooking Time: PT5M
Total Time: PT25M
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange peel
How to Cut or Eat Barrel Cactus Fruit:
Cutting Barrel cactus fruit is a very big and very tough job and to do that take the barrel cactus, and cut off around it until the white meat can be seen. It should not be cut from the center because of its hard interior. Slice one-inch strips of cactus. The slices have to be soaked overnight in cold water. Drain the water the next morning and then slice it into cubic squares of approximately one inch.
How to Cook Barrel Cactus Fruit:
Once you are done with cutting Barrel Cactus Fruit, cook it in boiling water until it becomes tender. For making cactus cubes. we have to make the syrup first, then take the saucepan, add water and sugar and mix well. Once the sugar dissolves, add 2 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of orange peel.
Mix all the above ingredients, and let it dissolve thoroughly over low flame. Now put the tender cactus, in and let it cool until the syrup has been absorbed. Once cooled, roll the hardened mixture on the powdered sugar and the candy is ready to eat.
Barrel Cactus Fruit Recipe: The barrel cactus is a fruit native to North and South America belonging to the Cactaceae family. It is of barrel-shaped cacti and naturally grows in low fertility areas, hence their nutrient requirement is low. Barrel Cactus gives abundant glowing yellow fruit and January is the season where we can find the best and it is the season for virus fruits in the region.
The flowers of the cactus wilt away, and the small greenish fruit of the pineapple shape is formed which is not consumed directly due to its butter taste but can be added to a few other recipes making it edible. Let’s have a look at the Barrel Cactus fruit Candy recipe here.
How to Use the Barrel Cactus Fruit
- Use a thick cloth to remove the fruit from the plant
- Once the fruit is removed, now gently rub keeping the fruit inside the cloth to remove the small thorns of the fruit
- To remove the remaining thorns, use a lighter or gas on a low flame and gently burn the black holes where there are so that the fruit could be handled
- Once the thorns are gone, give a slit to the fruit to open and the thick peel comes out.
- It has big seeds which can be removed while eating.
Benefits Of Barrel Cactus Fruit Recipe
- Eating Barrel Cactus Fruit reduces body fat percentages.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit helps to reduce your risk for metabolic syndrome.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit can improve your digestion because it has betalain and potassium content.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit can reduce Cholesterol Levels.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit contains a good amount of iron, magnesium, riboflavin, vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and vitamin B6, vitamin C, and magnesium.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit helps in reducing body weight.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit reduces the risk of getting Gastric Ulcers.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit helps in reducing Blood Sugar Levels.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit helps in increasing immunity levels.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit reduces the chances of getting Heart Disease.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit prevents Liver Damage.
- Barrel Cactus Fruit also helps in Colon cleansing.
|2 cup sugar|
|1 cup water|
|2 tablespoon orange juice|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon orange peel|